Saturday, January 23, 2016

The White Shirt

Maybe because it's a total white out this morning here at the farm (we have so much snow and it's still snowing), I thought about the luxury of the white shirt.  There's nothing more luxurious than a great white shirt and it's an absolute wardrobe staple no matter where you live, what you do, or how you dress. So why are they so hard to find?

What's your style? Polo? Equestrian? Just a plain white shirt? 

By all accounts, the Maison Standards is the standard bearer for the white shirt.  I'll admit I don't own one nor have I ever tried one on, but Google it and the kudos are endless.  It's on my shopping list for spring. See it here.


The J Crew white shirt has been a staple for years but the J Crew quality has fallen in recent years and these shirts don't hold up like they once did.  Buy these on sale if you can. See it here.

The Thomas Mason shirts are luxurious and I love them too!   They run large though and best to get these on sale too.


This white bib shirt from J Crew is a real bargain right now if you can wear one of the sizes left.  I tried this one on and loved it. See it here.

I adore the shirts from Middy n' Me but they are insanely expensive.  This white one has just enough punch to make it fun and the fox trim is so cute. But the price is hard to justify. You don't have to be an equestrian to wear these.  See it here.


I love this one too.
 
What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the white shirt - can't live without 'em but SO HARD to find the perfect one! I am coming to terms with the fact that my favorite one (from Lands End, maaaany years ago) is shot and needs replacing. This isn't an oxford button-down, as I have a couple of those, too, but a broadcloth one. I have purchased a couple others since then but nothing is just right! Too stiff, too soft, too tight, too loose, too short. I would love to try one of those Maison Standards shirts so I must just do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...