Tuesday, April 21, 2020

My Favorite Needlepoint Designers and a Few Stitching Tips

It seems that everyone in the world has discovered the therapeutic value of stitching. For those of us who have been doing it forever, I thought I'd share a few tips when selecting your favorite canvas to stitch and show a few of my favorite designers.

First of all, make sure you'll enjoy stitching the canvas. Is the pattern boring? Will you be stitching the same thing over and over again?  Like this canvas, for example. I could never stitch this one.  Keep in mind too that you can always change colors.  But I would not, for example, change this black racoon to a lighter color as the black canvas may show through.


At the other end of the spectrum, if there is too much going on, I struggle getting all the colors right.  Some designers are too intricate if you know what I mean.  This is a good example:

(Fox)

As you stitch more, you'll find yourself attracted to specific designers or brands.  And with the explosion of needlepoint, there are more designers than ever, producing new work every season. Here are a few of my favorites through the years.

This one has been around for a long time and through the years I have stitched many of their designs.  This is one of the more recent designs I finished and it now hangs on a door in my hall over the holiday.  Birds has a whimsical or almost folksy vibe.

Kate's preppy designs, her Herend animals, and bright colors are very popular.  I have two Herend horses in my stash (she is discontinuing them) and I'd love to add this one of my growing list of projects to complete.  Love, love, love her designs.

This is my favorite designer right now.  There are so many canvases I want to stitch and I have only one of them in my stash. I don't have this one but would love to stitch it one day. 

Susan Roberts has great bunnies and foxes. The fox rug in my guest bath is her design and I have stitched two wreaths. I have a discontinued wreath (bought on Ebay) in my stash.  I love this sign which I would hang on my side door. Her designs are classic. 


I stitched this ornament last year and there are a few others I'd like to add to my stash. This was fun to stitch too.

I have not stitched anything yet from Anne Fisher but I would love to add this rabbit pillow to my stash.  She also makes great handbags.

I have stitched several canvases from this designer, which reminds me of Birds of a Feather with their whimsical designs.  This is in the cabin and I have one other in my stash.  Love the country landscapes and the animals.  


This designer has been around a long time and has a great selection of equestrian ornaments and belts.  I stitched this one maybe 15 years ago?  

Love this brand and I have almost finished this canvas (ran out of thread).  I also ordered their lawn jockey canvas (it is currently out of stock).  



Lycette
Love Lycette's cheeky sayings, her Palm Beach vibe and great use of color. Best place to buy her wares is through her Instagram site (her website is down).  Love what she comes up with!


I love Jean Smith's flowers.  Who needs a garden?  Surround yourself with flowers inside too!



Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I have loved your blog posts for many years. During this pandemic, your posts have been one of the happiest parts of my morning and love love your needlepoint postings. They are my favorites. Keep them coming. LYN

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...