Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer Essentials

Now that it is going to top 90 degrees today, it's time to go on summer mode, thank goodness. I love summer and the heat and humidity don't bother me too much.  Horses stayed in today, fans came out and night turnout is on!

What things do you find essential for summer?  Here are a few of mine:

Ariat Breeches

I love Ariat breeches, they fit the best and just bought a pair of Heritage breeches for the summer. I have two pairs that I use only for shows but they have some great lightweight ones for summer and they hold up well.


Sunscreen

I always use sunscreen and since I am outdoors a lot during the summer, it is a must. 




Sparkling Ice Water

We drink a lot around here and Sparkling Ice Water is my new favorite.  At less than a buck, no calories and lots of flavors what's not to like?





A Good Cheap Fan

Not a fan of air conditioning but I do turn it on when it gets really hot. I prefer a fan.  Love the noise, the breeze it creates and not to mention that it keeps the power bill down.  Just a $20 one from Wal-Mart will do.  The horses like theirs too!


J Crew Shorts

I love most things J Crew but really like their shorts and you can always get them on sale at a great price like these I just ordered for around $30 including tax and shipping.  Shorts and summer just go together.




Tunics

I also love tunics in summer.  Am eying this one at J Crew but I like many brands like Sheridan French, Elizabeth McKay, Lilly, and Tory Burch:


White Jeans

White jeans are worn in my house most of the year.  But we like them more in summer as they go with everything.
(Elle.com photo)

Jack Rogers Sandals

Can't beat Jack. From Jackie to today, they never go out of style.


Lilly Anything

Need I say more?




A Crisp Linen Dress

This one is from Elizabeth McKay and I love it!

 
Tennis
The French Open started this week.  Then comes Wimbledon and finally the US Open.  I love to watch tennis at night after a hard day's work. The picture below is from a warm-up tournament for the US Open last August.  Hope to see that one again too!
  
Welcome summer!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...