Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bensmom's Saddle Soap


There has been a lot of chatter out there lately about Bensmom's Saddle Soap.  Apparently, eventers have been using it for a while.  We hunterland people are just catching on so it seems...........


Here's the story behind the soap in case you are interested:

The Story of the Soap

Back in 2003, while looking for a Christmas gift to give my barn friends, I decided to experiment with making saddle soap. I found a recipe, and began to tinker with it, researching different essential oils, and working on scent combinations. It was fun and challenging, and the soap worked really well!

The following spring, I developed a terrible crush on Karen O'Connor's mount, Upstage, or "Woody," owned by Dick & Vita Thompson. I was entranced by the story of the "little horse that could," and I just loved his personality.

During Rolex week, I sent a care package to Kentucky for Woody and his "staff." In that package was a container of my handmade soap. I was stunned a couple months later, when Karen's excellent longtime groom, Max Corcoran asked for more of my soap, saying it was wonderful stuff.

For the next nine years, I made the soap for Max as she needed them, and shared it with other friends. So far, my soap has been to the Pan Ams, the World Equestrian Games, the Hong Kong and London Olympics, Rolex, Badminton, Burghley and many other top venues.

And now, the soap used by one of the best upper level grooms in the business is available to the rest of us, from entry level all the way to the top! It is called Higher Standards Custom Leather Care. The current scents are named after some very special event horses, who are retired or no longer with us.

I can't tell you why it is better than every other product out there, but I can say that there are some of the top tack cleaners in equestrian sports who think it is!

Thanks for looking and I hope you will give it a try! 


You can buy it here and I must say I am intrigued.  Those are some pretty heady customers who have high standards and know their stuff.

There are three varieties:

* Ben's Rosemary Mint
* Buzz's Citrus Ginger
* Fox's Lavender Vanilla

I think they sound great, not sure which one I want to use first. Spring cleaning was just made a bit easier thanks to Bensmom....

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see the link here to purchase this. I keep reading about it on COTH.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...