Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Allure of Ariat

Some may think of the equestrian brand, Ariat, as mainstream.  I beg to differ.  Boots, well, maybe  not as edgy as the new Italian lines but worth a look.  Casual attire and breeches, well...... Like Budweiser is to beer, Ariat is to us riders, the old reliable, always been around, the "go-to" brand cause it's available, it's in the catalogs and so many of the tack stores. But like the old Virginia Slims cigarette commercials used to say (if you're old enough to remember) You've come a long way baby. Ariat has upped the ante, if you will, and can compete with the "big boys" of equestrian fashion.  Let me show you.....

I simply love this vest (it works for riders as well as spectators) and I bought this in burgundy for one of my friends for Christmas.  It's charming, reminds me a bit of Ralph for a fraction of the price.   It's lightweight enough for warmer climates too. You can shop for it here.



This half-zip top is a farm owner's and rider's friend.  Since I like things on my neck, this suits me well and I love the color. Isn't orange the new black?  You can layer this when it's cold out, like in our current blizzard conditions.  Comes in several colors too.  See them here.




What about this reversible jacket which features a wind-and water-resistant nylon shell on one side and cozy fleece on the other. Love the stirrup on the zipper. It comes in navy, you can see it here.  This is perfect for the spring shows, for riders and for those who watch.



Black belts are so classic and this one must be related to Gucci. Ariat does belts really well.  You can find it here:

You don't have to ride to adore this belt.  It will look great with jeans or breeches and a simple white t-shirt.  You can see this in more detail here.

 
Now for the breeches.  Drum roll please..........I've been a fan of Ariat breeches for a long time, switching over from Tailored Sportsman many moons ago, a suggestion from a tack store owner friend and never looked back. The new ones are simply exquisite
 
These Olympia breeches are perfect for showing. They fit like a glove and the legs don't bunch up like the TS ones do and there's no Velcro either.  Your boots go on easily. They are a great beige color that works well at the big shows where color matters a lot. And they are low rise but not too low if you know what I mean.  Front zip, pockets, they look great on too - the fabric is meant to be flattering, almost like there's a little Spanx built in.  These are not cheap but they will appeal to many types of riders - Dressage, Hunter/Jumper, Eventers and even Fox Hunters. 
 

 
For those riders out there who may want a more casual pant for everyday or a little higher rise, try these Heritage Regular Rise Full Seat Breeches.  I have them in black. They fit as well as the Olympia but come off a bit more casual and I adore the full seat which is perfect for everyday riding.  The black belt above will look great with these too.  I love the small Ariat logo in silver on each pocket, borrowed from Levi Straus but with a bit more class. 
 
 
 
Let me know what you think about these great products from Ariat.  Riding fashion has indeed come a long way, baby!  Now only if mother nature would cooperate!




4 comments:

  1. I like full seats myself.

    Ang
    SoLongFarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree! Have you tried these yet?

      Delete
    2. Well, I stopped riding... so nope.
      Maybe someday.

      Ang
      SoLongFarm.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Love love love Ariat! That red belt - I want one

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...