Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Own a Retired Racehorse - an OTTB

New Vocations is one of my favorite charities.  They take racehorses and rehome them, screening all buyers and making conditions for purchase. What they do is badly needed in our disposable culture and I must say, I love my OTTB (off-the-track-thoroughbred).  You can see many of their horses on their site, and it's a great place to donate to if you are not in the market.  Do you like this one?

Young, Unraced, & Full of Potential!
Meet 3 yr old, 15.3 1/2hh & growing Thoroughbred filly "Sandy's Secret" now available for adoption from our KY facility!
Sandy is a lovely girl who has no apparent injuries and will be suitable for any discipline. She will need an advanced level rider who is experienced enough to guide her through her training.
FMI, pictures, and riding video visit her profile page at: http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofiles/sandys-secret/

2 comments:

  1. Ann,

    Love the support you show for for TBs. Is your new filly off the track?

    I work at a track in Canada and MANY of my trainer's horses are simply gorgeous and would make lovely hunters, jumpers, or pleasure horses.

    It's so nice to see higher level riders branching out from the obsession with Warmbloods. Of course they're lovely, but we don't all need to import our horses from Germany for $70k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola, my 3 yr old is an OTTB although she raced only twice. She's a doll and I love her but we have not put her in work yet, won't do anything with her until the fall. I would have loved a fancy 3 yr old. WB but my pocketbook could not take it; and in VA there are many TB shows, classes for TB hunter both at rated and non-rated shows. You should send me videos of the fancy ones, I could probably find homes for them if they are super fancy types!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...