Friday, November 16, 2018

The Return of Fair Isle

The fair isle sweater is back.  These were all the rage when I was coming along and it's wonderful to seem them back in updated styles.

This oversized wool sweater from Tory Burch is a favorite. 

(Tory Burch)

Tory has some accessories in fair isle too - gloves, mittens, scarves and hats.  I love these gloves.


It's nice to see some updated, fun takes on fair isle like this Topshop sweater:



Another Topshop Sweater:

And I love this one from Sundance but wish it weren't a cardigan:

This merino cotton sweater from Orvis is also very cute:

Another take on fair isle from Boden:

Talbots is in on it too:

And I love Brooks Brothers' take on fair isle in this navy sweater:


Another updated classic in wool from Brooks Brothers:


And this is what we lived in, all wool of course!


1 comment:

  1. What's old is new again. I have two which I would take out each winter then put away...and as you said: "wool, of course!
    I will be wearing them this year...!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...