Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Cambridge Glass Imperial Hunt Scene, Again

If you are a regular reader then you've seen this topic before but it's time to revisit one of my favorite things, old glass.  As an avid collector, you find your niche, your sweet spot if you will, and mine is without a doubt Cambridge's Imperial Hunt Scene. This is not my collection but a girl can wish.....

This pattern is quite collectable as it was made only for a short period of time in the 1920's.  It comes only in a few colors and some colors are rare, hard to find and thus much more expensive. Peachglow and green are the most common colors.  The color is more pink than peach.  Sometimes you'll see the two colors mixed. Prep was in way back then.

The other colors you'll see are clear, a very light blue called willow (very rare), black, dark blue (you won't find this on glasses), amber (burnt orange) and frosted colors (black and peachglow).  The etching can be found in gold or not.  The gold etching is more collectable and it's not unusual to see the etching start to fade due to time. Anything frosted is very rare and very expensive.

Cambridge produced a lot of different glass sizes and shapes so it's really difficult to find one size in any abundance.  If you can find 4-6 glasses in the same size and color, buy them as you may never see them again. They made wine glasses, water glasses, tumblers, tiny shot glasses, vases, plates in different sizes, ice buckets and pails, candlesticks, sandwich plates, decanters, cigarette holders,a bridge set of four glasses and other pieces. 

I don't have any plates in my collection, only stems and odd pieces.  I have an ice bucket, a peachglow vase, and I'd like to add a finger bowl.  Decanters and ice buckets are difficult to find.   I don't own any pieces in the dark blue color or amber.  Amber is my least favorite Cambridge color.

This is Imperial Hunt Scene on a Tally Ho blank.  You'll often see these on Ebay.  These are much heavier and more substantial and usually reasonably priced for Cambridge. I have a set of these - 10 or 12. I also have these in tiny little shot glasses.





This is the willow color - very rare and hard to find.  I have a few of these in my collection.  You can read some of my earlier blogposts about IHS here.


1 comment:

  1. The pink and green are beautiful. These now go on my want list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...