Monday, October 26, 2020

Gift Ideas for the Cook

Since the pandemic started we have not dined out even once, even outdoors.  I've picked up take-out a few times and more recently hit the Wendy's drive through (for taco salads) but that's about it.  No plans to dine at a restaurant anytime soon sadly.   And during the week I use Home Chef (two meals delivered on Tuesday) will cover three nights, most weeks. But in the interim I like to cook, my only roadblock is time between working and farm life.

Since most of us are cooking, add a few gifts ideas to make his or her life in the kitchen easier, tastier, or more convenient. Here are a few picks.

Having good pots and pans making cooking so much easier.  I love my collection of All Clad pots but also love Le Creuset. You can never have too many of these, in various sizes and colors.  Hint - I have picked some up at TJ Maxx but the prices at WS are good too when they have a sale as these are investment pieces.

This is a tool that I don't have that I wish I did have to peel sweet potatoes. This would make my life a lot easier. It can peel a lot more than potatoes. See it here.

Someone gave me a pizza stone years ago and I have loved it ever since. This is not something I would have bought but I use it for more than pizza. But if you use it only for pizza it is so much easier (and the crust is crispier) than using a cookie sheet or tin foil. Add this to your kitchen!  See it here.

Since we can't go to Paris perhaps we can bring Paris into the kitchen with this lovely book. See it here.


 

This is a great size for any kitchen and the price is fantastic. You can't put these in the dishwasher however. See it here.

I researched salt and pepper mills this summer and bought these for hubby's cabin kitchen and now I want a pair of these for the farmhouse kitchen. These are super and you can spend a fortune on these. Grinding pepper somehow makes a dish taste better.  You can buy these at Amazon also. See them here.

1 comment:

  1. I love Le Creuset as well. I have one cast iron piece that I bought when it was on a special price at QVC and then I bought a ceramic piece in that is a platter. I agree I bought one from WS when on sale and it was a fantaztic price and gave as a housewarming gift.
    We have a pizza stone that we would not make a pizza with out it. Received as a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...