Friday, April 9, 2021

The Dreaded Swimsuit Hunt

It's just about the worst thing to do - shop for a swimsuit.  There's a reason I buy a new one every 5-10 years, and not more often.  Does everyone else hate this ritual as much as I do?  Because I'll likely start spending more time at the beach going forward due to the pandemic (this baby is not going away just because we have a vaccine) I thought I might add a new one or two to my vintage stash of suits.  I am a one-piece girl so won't venture at all to the bikinis.  You do have to determine what your flaws are and what fits you best, the style, the colors, before you begin.  For me, coverage in the back is a given.  I don't like ruffles or lace, or solids unless in a great pastel.  Typically I have bought from J Crew and Tory Burch in past years.   Their quality is very good, I know what size I need (buying online only) and you can return the ones that don't fit. Comfort is key - we walk a lot at the beach, so no frills.

Here are a few that have caught my eye so far.......

I have had my eye on this one from Tory Burch:


 

Love the vibrant color in this Johnny Was suit:

Pucci yes!  My visa says no, but love this one:

For a solid colored suit, this one fits the bill, but a little pricey.  But love this one!

For a solid color, this one is also nice.  See it here.

Love this one.  See it here.

If I was going to wear a two piece I think this would be it.  Love this one!

While I am usually not a fan of ruffles this one has just the right amount. Love this one.  See it here.

I have to love this one even though it is pricey.  Love the horse on it.  See it here.

Love a few from J Crew:




Time to swim!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...