Saturday, May 1, 2021

It's Derby Day

 It's Derby Day, one of my favorite days of the year. While it's still not "normal" the race will go on, someone will own a horse for the history books and the stud fees will go up.  If yesterday's Oaks is any guide, it will be a great race.  The two undefeated fillies battled it out in the stretch with the favorite winning by a close margin.

If you can't be there, you still have time to order your Derby merchandise.  Love this top from Vineyard Vines.

I love this pillow, perfect for a porch or patio.  Derby Day every day!  See it here.

I pull out my Old Morgantown Glass Jockey Stems for Derby Day.  They were made only in these two colors, amber and clear, for Gulfstream Park in Florida. I have a set of 12 and I use them only for special horse race days.


 

Love this hat.  I had my Frosted hat on yesterday.   He raced in the Derby in 2015 and sired one of the favorites for the Oaks yesterday, Travel Column, but she did not win.  

My house is full of vintage horse racing stuff.  You can never have too much vintage horse in your house. Agreed? 

(Vintage Picture)

 And of course there is horse racing needlepoint.  Love this pillow and it was so fun to stitch.

And my pick for the Derby today?  Essential Quality.  The Brad Cox trained colt is all class.  The favorite won yesterday and I am hoping he will win today. It will be a fast track and a beautiful day.  Everyone ride safe. See you on the rail (maybe next year).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...