Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 - The Highs and the Lows

As 2014 comes to an end it's time to reflect on what seemed like a very short year.  I can't believe we are almost to 2015.  Let's take a look at how it sorted out.


Losing My Dad
This was definitely the low. In mid-February, he left this world for a better place, of course in the middle of a huge snowstorm.  He was ready to leave us and I am certain we will meet again.  Au revoir.



Mid-December Trip to Blowing Rock
I just blogged about this.  Cannot wait to go back.





Annual Trip to the US Open
Another highlight was my annual trip to NYC with my great friend Jess to see the US Open. We managed to see the best tennis we've seen yet - Cilic, Berdych and others.  It was a great two days not to mention some good shopping down in the Village.



The Cabin
Hubby is happy, enough said!



Alfie
We finished off a frustrating year on a high note and Alfie ended up being the reserve champion Adult horse in our region even though we did not start showing until late summer.  Cannot wait to start the 2015 season.


The Addition of Little Lola
I am so thrilled to have this little mare as part of our family. Cannot wait to start showing her in 2015.  Stay tuned!

Hoping that you had more highs in 2014 than lows and all the best for a wonderful new year!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful socks on Lola!

    I hope whenever you come to Lexington for shows you have great luck in the shopping, sleeping, and dining departments. As a LexVegas native I can always happily provide tips! Lots of wonderful new additions for sleeping accommodations in recent months.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...