Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Dynasty That Was Diana



On the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death (has it really been that long?) - her photos are everywhere and it seems that every aspect of her short tragic life are being rehashed in the press again, as if there is something out there that we don't already know. I remember her death well, I know exactly where I was and what I had done that day when I heard the news.  But I also followed her ascent and remember vividly when she was "discovered" and how idolized she was by all of us way back when. 

For those of you old enough to remember the hysteria and hype - well, it's unlike anything I've ever seen. She was followed everywhere she went, her clothes and jewelry were analyzed constantly but she had such style and flair, she was truly an original in my mind.  Her influence on fashion and royalty in general will be felt for generations to come. I wonder what she'd be doing now if she were alive? Would she be in the UK?  Somewhere else?  Remarried?  We'll never know.

For those who adored her, you'll be interested in this Florida man's Diana Collection. We'll always remember Diana.....








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...