Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Making Your Own China Collection

My china fetish arrived very early in life when I worked as a part-time sales clerk in the china department of a local store.  Wedgewood, Lenox, Noritake, Spode, Limoges became part of my vocabulary early on and never left.  As my current china collection bulges with Lenox, Wedgewood, Kate Spade (Lenox), Herend, Williams-Sonoma, Juliska, Louis Lourioux and others, I think it's fun to find patterns you like and start collecting them. With Internet sites it's easy and often inexpensive.

Start with salad plates and mix and match them with dinner plates you currently own.  Create a new tablescape for fall, for the upcoming holiday or spring.  Love these plates from Fitz and Floyd (not as high a quality as I would generally pick) but love this pattern. 

I like to buy at least four and then add from there.  Pick patterns that you think you'll be able to find later on. 

Another pattern I've had my eye on is Woodland by Spode. You can buy this pattern new too.  Replacements, Ltd. is another source.  This pattern comes with various animals so you can pick the animals you like.  

This is a fancier pattern, but oh so classic.  Would be great to use in the fall and winter months pulling out the orange. See them here.

This is an old pattern by Royal Doulton called Coaching Days.  You could create a set of this one over time. You can read about the history of this pattern here.

Love this pattern by Limoges.  See it here.

Love these Juliska salad plates to add to white plates. These are perfect to spruce up your holiday table.  While not vintage, these are classic enough to be vintage. See them here.


This is a fun and easy pattern to collect, and quite inexpensive.   I have a large set of these collected over the years.  This do not mix well with other patterns (the plates are not white) but I use them as luncheon plates or by themselves to server dessert.  See them here.

Lastly, Tally Ho by Johnson Brothers is another fun pattern to mix and match with.  See this one here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...