Tuesday, October 19, 2021

J Crew and Talbots New Arrivals

I must say I am underwhelmed by the "slouchy" look that J Crew seems to be promoting since the pandemic hit. Maybe it's meant to hide the "pandemic pounds" put on by many but it's not flattering.  I much prefer the tailored preppy with a twist look that made the brand famous but why stick with what made you popular?   Since I've only bought three pieces from J Crew in the past two years, I am not the fan that I once was and this new rollout does not seem to be changing my mind.  

The colors at Talbots are vibrant and almost too preppy but there are some bright spots here and there.  This coat is very cute and I love the back.

This is a cute top for lounge wear - the kind of stuff I will be wearing.  Hoping it is warm though and it may not be. Like it in both colors.

I like these Sorel boots and have an older version that I wear a lot. 

I'm on the fence about this sweater in green but it is likely not warm and may look horrible in real life. I would wear something underneath it.

This is one of only a few items at J Crew that I would consider buying.  Wish they came in other colors like a brown but the lighter color ones will get dirty very fast. See them here.

There are some nice Liberty prints in the new rollout - always classic and popular but was hoping for more tailored pieces.  Maybe in the holiday rollout?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...