Friday, May 1, 2020

Bauble Stockings

I picked this up from Instagram and thought I'd pass this along. We can all use a little help from time to time, especially right now......

Earlier this week I was contacted by Kate at @baublestockings with a cry for help. Kate sells completed mini needlepoint stockings in an array of charming and chic designs. COVID-19 has directly affected her business and the women who stitch the stockings for her in Haiti. With no more orders coming in they will be out of jobs by the end of this week. Kate specifically employs single mothers, 107 of them. That means 107 homes without a paycheck, in one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere. I know that during these times there are a lot of places to help, there a lot of places we should be helping and oftentimes our focus goes to the communities nearest and dearest to us. I, for one, often forgot to look outside my own bubble. However here are the numbers of how Kate’s business affects Haiti. 107 full time fair trade wage single mother stitchers, 127 children’s tuition paid each year, 7 teachers staffed for after school programs, 46,000 meals served annually, 750 school books purchased annually, and 85 family members housed rent free. 💜 I do not want to see this dried up. I just purchased stockings for loved ones this Christmas. I hope you do too.

Here is the link to the website.  These stockings are pretty darn cute too.....  Does a friend need an early Christmas present?  Gifts for new children, god children, or just add a new one for your family.  Love the horse one, don't you?







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! This means more to us than words can do justice. Best of everything, Kate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...