Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Needlepoint for a Cause

It's always comforting to see people making attempts to help others during these uncertain times.  The needlepoint community is indeed a small one and artist and designer Tricia Heaton was spurred to help her alma mater, the Stoneleigh Burnham school earlier this year in the twilight of the pandemic.  From her Instagram account:

In what seemed like minutes before our world changed I was in Wellington, Florida at the horse show. I had driven across the state to see the Stoneleigh Burnham School equestrian team. These young riders had left the campus in Massachusetts to follow their passion and compete against the best of the best around the country. I got to sit with these girls and watch the amazing Grande Prix event. The enthusiasm these Stoneleigh Burnham students had watching their heros was both palpable and heartwarming. I was so grateful to sit amongst them, for I too am a Stoneleigh Burnham girl through and through. So much of who I am is woven into my being by threads of the friendships and sisterhood found there. I learned many great skills as a teenager I will carry with me forever. I have decided that I want to start a little fund for these young riders who needed to leave their competition much earlier than expected and to assist the school in sending these girls back when they are able. @triciaheatondesigns will be donating 100% of the profits from these three gorgeous equestrian designs by @ramsaygourd to the @sbsequestrian program. While donations to urgent virus related needs have been made privately by our family, this donation will be made through needlepoint for sharing joy with some of my favorite teenage equestrians. We are Owls for life. 🦉🐎🥇🥈🥉 @sbschool @stoneleighburnhamalumnae @sbsequestrian

It's not like you really need a good cause to buy this stuff because it is indeed extraordinary and stitching any of these canvases will be a joy.  And if you are not familiar with this collaboration - Ramsay Gourd and Tricia Heaton, you should check it out. There's a lot here to add to your own stash.  These are the three that she is donating all of the proceeds to the school. These are glasses cases but I would stitch them for pillows or even for a tote bag.....Just an idea:



  
Here are some of other canvases (some are sold out) but you can see how lovely these designs are:






 You can see all of the designs here.  Love the message here.  We all need to support each other and the things and places that are near and dear to us.  Thank you Tricia!  You are an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...