Thursday, January 29, 2015

Living Room Renovation

The living room in my house was never decorated when we moved in five years ago.  There was so much excess furniture, we just threw it into the room and closed the door, for five years.  With the cabin acquisition we found a place for most of it and it even left me without furniture for the entire room.  We painted it yellow when we renovated. But now I am able to start totally new.

 I started with this rug which is on order as the one I bought is too small. It's a wool Ikat, with blues and beige, no green.  I am usually a green person so this is a new direction. But I love the rug.


My sofa will be recovered in a deep blue velveteen.  It's a slate blue, not navy.  It is called Ocean.
 This check will go on a chair and ottoman.
 This Clarence House embroidered fabric will be on sofa pillows and on the seats of two chairs. Love this! Every room needs some whimsy.

My windows need to be covered, too much morning sun.  And there are four of them, nine foot ceilings.  Read lots of money and lots of fabric.
 I am thinking that I like these chairs but will paint them to go with the Clarence House fabric.  That's the current plan anyway.  I cannot order these any longer. I want a pair and I like the size and they are comfortable. I wanted some painted furniture in the room too. Too much brown wood makes for an ugly room. I will use glass garden stools to accent but that's after everything else is in place.  I have a lovely painting for the mantel and there will be to television here.
 I need a light fixture but will do that last. I like this one:

Need two lamps for the sofa end tables.  Like all of these:





 The windows are a big dilemma. I must be able to cover the windows.  Roman shades are an option and also drapes with woven shades but I need a ton of fabric for four windows. So I may opt for the Roman Shades.  Walls - not sure of the color yet, maybe a very pale blue.
 
 Stay tuned!




4 comments:

  1. Have you thought about wooden shutters? I think they're a great solution - painted or no - although it makes redecorating in the future a bit more difficult

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband wanted shutters and I am not really a shutters person. I have wooden blinds in several rooms in the house which I prefer but honestly, I am tired of cleaning them. I am thinking either roman shades, or curtains with either linen roman shades underneath or even woven blinds. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Love the carpet and the color for the sofa. I also really like those chairs, I'm in the midst of a 'cane' thing right now.
    But what I love most is that molding in your room! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out a company called Bramble Now. They made my chairs (which are now discontinued) but the furniture is reasonably priced and I love the finishes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...