Wednesday, October 29, 2014

All About Alfie

Poor Alfie, he's probably got a complex by now, but I must say that he's finally come into his own this year. Possibly he's a late bloomer at the ripe old age of 13, thoroughly middle age in a horse, but in his prime no doubt. He's my main man now that Sega has retired.  Maybe he craves all that attention he never received while Sega stole his spotlight.  We're coming into the home stretch this season, two more shows to go and the big one is next weekend, filling us with anticipation hoping to end this partial horse show season on a high note after so many months of watching from the sidelines.

The photos below were scanned from photos I purchased locally.  Here he is is showing off his raw talent at two local shows and that "look" that would make even Lauren Bacall jealous. We'll report from our finale in a few weeks.  Hoping for primary colors!  As a t-shirt once read with Richard Nixon's photo on it, we're "tanned, rested and ready."



Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the tan jacket you are wearing in the first ones. So stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and I love it! I ride horses too and I live in the English countryside, chic, equestrian look. Great job and keep it up!
    ~Sophia
    Plaid Is My Favourite Colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and your pictures. I'm in Texas now after being in Virginia for 13 years so I like to come over here to ease the pain of home-sickness (although I'm deeply in love with Texas).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we can help keep you rooted in the Virginia Hunt Country!

      Delete
  4. Wow he's really nice... nice knees, lovely bone and that neck/shoulder.... SWOON.
    So 'what' is he?
    My own had some very definite growth and maturation points... and his teens was definitely one of them.
    Love a horse in their teens.... wise but still willing and able.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...