Friday, October 23, 2015

Living Room Renovation - Sneak Peeks

The living room is almost done....... here are some snippets.  Light fixture is almost picked out, down to two, thinking that it will ordered in the coming days.  Still needs some accessories but it is finally coming together.  You have seen the bar cart...Love that I was able to use glass from my collection.


I have an old secretary from my Great Aunt that is not fancy but it fills a corner in the room. The picture is very old, from my Grandmother.  Not sure where it came from but I suspect she bought it when she lived in Ithaca right after the War, at Cornell.  I hung these too low and will move them when the light fixture is hung.

 I bought this small table from The Kellogg Collection last winter.  The striped trunk is French, old, I bought it 15 years ago here in Virginia.


This was recovered...


 The fireplace and mantel still need some work. The picture was painted by my Father's Niece who lives in Atlanta and is quite an accomplished artist. She painted it for my old living room but it works here too.


The lamps I bought online last winter after a frantic search to find them (no one had them anymore).  They were a bargain but the shades were cheap so I put very nice silk shades on them, spending almost as much for the shades as I did for the lamps.  Cheap lampshades are a "no no" - you can always pick them out.

 This fabric from Clarence House is so adorable and adds some fun and whimsy to the room.  You can't tell here but it is embroidered.  I love it!


Closer look at my lamps. The sofa is recovered in a velveteen fabric which gives some weight to the room. It brings out the deep blue in the rug. 


I needed to buy two chairs and I wanted something different.  I fell in love with these but had to paint them as they were the wrong color.

 This small lamp came from a store in Buckhead.  Love it!

I am also painting a mirror in blue and gold that will hang over the bar cart.  When everything is done, I will do a final post. Stay tuned.......

1 comment:

  1. I love your recovered chair and ottoman, such a cheerful countryside fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...