Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Twas the Week of Christmas, Global Warming Style!

Twas the day before Christmas Eve and the rain keeps pouring
It's so loud, you can't even hear Truman snoring.


The horses are blanketed and tucked in their stalls
Because it's so darn muddy outside, I wish we had a mall.



By tomorrow the temps will be rising to seventy or more
Who in the heck needs to go to Wellington for the holidays
Now I know why the trainers are all so sore!

I may be spending my holiday clipping horses and fur
Wish there some wise men who could help me, no need for incense and mir.

I'm looking forward to time off - turning off my computers and phones.
We'll be inside drinking cider and eating scones.

When the mud dries and the temperatures finally fall
We'll ride the rested steads, get them out of the stall.
 
Wherever you are, wherever you go.
May your holidays be filled with joy and maybe even snow.


 On Alfie, on April on Lola and Sega!
My steads all wish you the best year evah! (Southern style)






2 comments:

  1. Very clever. Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post - so fun to see your farm. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...