Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Morning Feed

The Morning Feed is a great Facebook site that acts as a clearinghouse for horses that need new homes, mostly Off the Track Thoroughbreds and other former performance horses that need new careers and new owners. 

There is such a glut of these animals out there.  And many are very reasonably priced if you have the time and patience to retrain.  This lovely gray, Dynamite News is featured.  She is striking and is in KY.  Looks like eventing material to me!


Smarty Joe is located in New Jersey. Isn't he adorable?

 
Tricksy is in British Columbia. What a looker this mare is!
 
 

This is a great site, set up for a great cause that all of us who love animals and especially equines should support!   

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I have a soft spot for greys and have owned some good OTTBs. There's hope in a second career. I think I must have watched, "The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit" too many times as a child because honestly, even if they're a terribly naughty, if they're grey I'll take them! Wish we weren't about to move abroad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. As I'm just about to start shopping for yet another OTTB, this is a handy digest. Chances are the next horse will come from CANTER Mid-Atlantic, a superb source for Thoroughbred ex-racehorses, but I do like to look around and make sure I'm not missing the perfect OTTB anywhere. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...