Wednesday, April 18, 2018

RIP Giant's Causeway

Legendary stallion Giant's Causeway passed away unexpectedly earlier this week near Lexington, Kentucky.  He was 21.  After contracting an infection he died a few days later.  The striking chestnut horse was born at Ashford Stud in Kentucky, where he died.  He is out of the famous Storm Cat and who's fee climbed to its $500,000 peak after the success of his chestnut son.

He was sent to Europe where he was undefeated in his first four starts earning the nickname "The Iron Horse" after winning five consecutive G1 stakes in 11 weeks.  He was sent to Churchill Downs for the Breeder's Cup Class in 2000 where his stretch dual with Tiznow is one for the history books with Tiznow winning the first of his two Classic races.  He retired with a 9-4-0 record and he earned more than $3M. He retired to stud in Ireland but was sent back to the US after a year to Ashford (Coolmore) where he died.

He was the North American leading sire in 2009, 2010 and 2012 and was one of the top five for several years.

Giant's Causeway top runner as a broodmare sire is the famous Gun Runner who retired earlier this year. He will be well represented for years to come with horses like Derby entrant Free Drop Billy, a son of Union Rags.  Among his sons, Giant's Causeway has the most active sire-sons in 2018 among all Storm Cat stallions.  He was legendary and I am glad I was able to see him last year at Coolmore.  RIP.  You were one of the great ones.






1 comment:



  1. Henderson Elizabeth
    Dr joy is a trust worthy spell caster and he will be of great help to you. I never believed in spell casting but After 4 years of marriage my husband left me because I lost my womb, and i was unable to give birth to children. I felt like my life has come to an end, and i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time, but thanks to this spell caster called Dr joy whom i met online after my friend Becky Ross told me how he also helped her to bring back her husband in less than 2 days. I believed her and decided to give Dr joy a try and i contacted him on his email joylovespell@gmail.com. and explained my problems to him. He laughed and told me that In less than 2 days, my Husband will come back to me again, and that he will restore my womb and i will give birth to children. At first i thought it was a joke but i took courage and believed as Dr joy has said and it did happen just as this Great spell caster said, My husband called me and was crying, begging for forgiveness. I forgive him and today i am so glad that all worries and problems has gone away, and we are even happier than before, another good news is that i am pregnant now, and very soon we will have our baby. Dr joy is really a gifted and a powerful spiritual man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man. I advice you all If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems just Contact Dr joy on his email on joylovespell@gmail.com. because he will always help you to solve all problems. Once again thank you Dr joy. Thank you, thank you.
    you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348100452479.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...