Thursday, September 2, 2021

Fall is in the Air

We made it through Ira with tornado warnings in the middle of the night (Truman and I bonded in the downstairs hall closet for about a half hour) and lots of rain, to now deep green lush grass (founder grass is what I call this) and much cooler temperatures in time for a long five-day weekend for me.  Life has been way too full for me these past few months and a break is in store at least for a few days.

I am ready for fall and this is coming from someone who loves warm weather and the summer season.  It's been far too hot and dry this year and this is the new normal I'm afraid.  When I saw this coat from J Crew it made me yearn for the fall weather. Love this!

I've been adding to my glass collection and one of my favorite patterns is Black Forest.  Love this plate which is perfect for serving sandwiches on the deck at the cabin.

For me fall means the US Open and I yearn for the day when I can return safely to New York and watch the quarter finals in Arthur Ashe Stadium with my great friend Jessica. We loved to shop in Chelsea and visit Tory Burch and DVF (now sadly gone).  Many of my favorite wardrobe pieces were purchased on those trips. My visa prefers that I stay home.  Besides watching tennis at night for the next ten days I bought this newly released book.  Cannot wait to read it.

Perfect Moment sweaters are very expensive and I was surprised to see this one now at TJ Maxx.  Makes we want to head to the ski lodge at Lake Louise. 

Also surprised to see this Barbour vest at TJ Maxx. Perfect for fall.

Great deal on sheets, also at TJ Maxx. See them here.

Stay safe and please get vaccinated and wear a mask when you are indoors.  This virus is going to be with us a for a very long time. We'd all like to return to a somewhat normal life by some point in the next year or two. Please!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...