Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Modern Needlepoint Samplers

I learned to needlepoint and cross-stitch with my grandmother way back when, at about ten years old.  Obviously, the bug caught on as I'm still doing it.  Those were traditional ones, though, not like the ones I love today.  This is a sampler, from Birds of a Feather, that I finished last year, for the cabin and gave it to hubby for Christmas.  I finished it so it will hang like a picture with a grosgrain ribbon and it's covered on the back with light greenish brown velvet.  It turned out so well, I'm in love with it. And I bought the canvas from Stitch Therapy for 50 percent off (it was in their sale section).  Hint - Stitch Therapy often has 25 percent sales on their entire inventory if you are willing to wait to order. 


Birds of a Feather makes the best ones, but there are others out there too.  Here is one I love from this artist but I would do the colors in something wild and unexpected.


This Quaker Sampler is in my stash for 2020 but I am going to change the colors. Not sure yet what the colors will be but I'll show you the finished product when I am done.


Here's the sampler I completed. It's 12 x 12 and I did not alter the colors at all.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...