Friday, October 8, 2021

Friday Musings

It's been warm and damp here in Virginia and I think climate change deleted Fall from our calendar. No Fall weather yet and not in the cards for next week either. I don't want to go from blazing hot to frigid cold but it is looking that way here.  But nevertheless, the grass is green and no drought.  

The Breeders' Cup is coming in a month and I cannot wait. The Keeneland Fall Meet starts today and sadly, again, Covid is keeping us home.  There is a top two-year-old "win and you're in" race on Saturday for the colts and offers a previews of the Derby crowd.  But the BC Classic race is going to be awesome.  The talent in that race is unreal this year and there is no clear front runner.  Knicks Go kicked butt last week galloping to a romping win but can he go the distance? We'll see soon. 

I ordered a ton of books this week and am finishing up the new book on Roger Federer that I mentioned previously. It is very good but definitely for the tennis aficianado. Very deep in tennis lore, history, the players and its quite detailed.  If you don't follow tennis I'd say pass. But very much looking forward to this new book that will ship later this month:

Watched this movie recently on Netflix (I have not watched Netflix in months):

Very good and entertaining. Not a true story but worth watching.  Great cast.  Great scenario.  Fun Friday movie.

We are starting to order our holiday gifts as I think there will be many shortages with the supply chain issues.  Shop early!  I love the Arcteryx brand and have mentioned it many times.  I have never had anything from this brand wear out.  Not sure why as I wear this stuff all winter.  But love it.  This is on my wish list:


They have an outlet where you can find items reduced.  I've never been able to buy their stuff for more than forty percent off.  Worth the investment for sure. And their sizes are not huge.  An XS fits my tiny frame - they cater to an international not an American market.  Love this too.

Also love these boots for winter:

Lastly, doing a little sprucing up in the house and instead of having two of my Chippendale chairs in my library recovered I am going to make slipcovers with my large unused stash of Brunswig fabric.  Here is what is inspiring me.  The sewing machine is coming out soon!


Stay tuned.  Horse racing again this weekend televised from Keeneland. A local show on Sunday to prep the mare for the Zone Finals in two weeks. Planting my Aliums.  Handwalking Apollo.  House cleaning that never ends.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I think I’m going to order the book on Capote’s swans. I read a different book about the women and Truman Capote’s betrayal of their confidences. It was good, but I’m hoping this one goes a bit deeper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...