Monday, December 22, 2014

A is for Arc'teryx

Named for ARCHAEOPTERYX LITHOGRAPHICA, the first reptile to develop the feather for flight, freeing itself from the constraints of the horizontal world. Arc'teryx is just the best outdoor clothing line there is, period. At least I think so.  A few years ago it was hard to find (I discovered it while skiing in Canada where supreme warmth is really needed) but now it is becoming more mainstream here in the U.S. There is an Arc'teryx store opening in downtown Washington, D.C.

One of my favorites is this jacket.  I bought one for my husband a few years ago and he loved it so much he bought me one last Christmas. I use this to run in, ride in, to layer when it's really cold and it is the most comfortable jacket I own. It comes in four colors and there is also a vest (which is the vest I wear almost all of the time).



It also comes in a hoody.


Their long coats are fabulous, lightweight, warm and functional.  Loving this one too.


 If you are skier, runner, hiker, rider, or just love being in the great outdoors and prefer to be warm and fashionable then you should check out this brand.  Hoping there is some Arc'teryx under my tree this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...