Thursday, February 5, 2015

Winter Rituals

Living in the country has its ups and downs, being outdoors is one of the ups but the flipside is you have to take good care of your skin as the wind, sun and cold can wreck havoc. I ran outdoors this morning in the freezing temps with gusty wind and my face took the brunt of it all. 

I don't use a ton of products and am a creature of habit. But you have to take care of your skin just like you do by exercising your body every day. And I don't subscribe to one line, I pick and chose the things I like. I have two different products I use to wash my face.  Erno Lazlo Sea Mud Soap is a ritual many women have used for years - Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy all used the line.  The type of soap you use depends on your skin type. Mine calls for sea mud.  You also use Active Phelityl Oil with the soap.
When I am in a hurry or on a short trip, I often use Malin & Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser on my face.  It's very light and refreshing and I love the smell.

 
 
 
 
 
I use different moisturizers depending on the time of year.  During the summer months when my skin is not dried out from the cold I use Malin & Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer. It's not heavy or light, just in the middle.
 

In the winter I use a heavier moisturizer and a serum.  I'll admit that I have not found the one moisturizer that I love in this category.  A heavy cream does not work with me.  Right now I am using Clinique Custom Repair Serum.  So far, so good!  I use a serum most of the year. 

I'm also trying Clinique Repairware Uplifting too. I do not use a heavy night cream even though I should as I age.  Open for suggestions in this category as long as it is not too heavy.

I go through eye cream faster than anything else. I am loving Origins Mega Bright Dark Circle Minimizer.

When I need a pick-me-up for the face I go back to Erno Lazlo for a Sea Mud Mask.
 
 
After a run or a good workout, I often go to the bathtub.  A hot bath is the best recipe for tired and overworked muscles, especially when you're not 25 anymore.  I use Kniepps for the bath. They make all kinds of products but I prefer the spruce.

It's fun to try different products but over time, I tend to go back to the tried and true stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...