Saturday, April 3, 2021

The Saturday List - April Version

It feels like it's been a year since I created this list in early March. A lot has happened since then and I am learning to take every day, one day at a time.  But it is spring in Virginia and the grass is a deep green, the birds are everywhere and life is slowing returning to normal as we get vaccinated.  So what's on the Saturday List this month?

1) Current Read - A Year At Clove Brook Farm by Christopher Spitzmiller

If you only add one decorating/gardening book to your library this year add this one.  I waited nine months for this book to come out and it was certainly worth the wait.  His farm in New York is to die for and of course, all his pottery adorning the antique mismatched furniture.......run, don't walk to pick this one up.  You can buy a signed copy here.

2) Currently Stitching 

I decided to send my three pillows to the fabric store pillow finisher as I knew I would not get to them anytime soon.  That motivation to do anything I really hate doing is lacking right now, so I am hoping to get them back in May.  I am working on some of the ornaments in my stash so I can get them to the finisher soon.  I just finished this the dog (a gift for a nephew) and the Homestead is for my own home and should be finished soon. 



3) Netflix Recommendation - Hillbilly Elegy

This movie has Oscar buzz as Glenn Close is nominated for best supporting actor (a well-deserved nomination).  If you have not watched this, it's very good but the truth is this true story is the exact same story of an old friend.  My friend is from Appalachia, came from a very poor and highly dysfunctional family, almost dropped out of high school, went into the military, graduated from college in two years, went to Harvard Law School, almost did not finish law school due to a crisis at home that he had to take care of.......I felt like I was watching the life that my friend lived, it was eerily similar.  He could have written this very same book.  The cast in this movie is world class and if you think your life has problems, you've seen nothing yet. 


4) Equine Product RecommendationKastel Sun Shirt

This is a favorite brand for sun shirts. The material a bit thicker and more substantial and it's a bit more fitted than some.  I love this color and you can find this one with the floral pattern all over but that was too much "flower" for me. You don't need to ride to wear this either.  This is perfect for spring walks, golfing, just lounging. 

5) Cookbook Recommendation - There's No Place Like Home, Southern Living

I am changing my recipe recommendation to a cookbook recommendation.  This is one of my favorite cookbooks, categorized by locations in the South.  There are some very good recipes in here if you love contemporary Southern cooking.

6) Whatever Else - Derby Note Pads

I think I am in love with this note pads.  Would these not make the perfect hostess gift for that Derby Party?  Maybe for 2022?  Or jut treat yourself.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...