Sunday, July 18, 2021

Equestrian Shadow Box for Alfie

I am just now getting to the point where I can think about moving forward with remembering Alfie.  So far, nothing has been done - no grave marker, no horse hair bracelet, and no shadow box.  I definitely want to have a shadow box made for him.  I have his shoes, one of the halters he won with his name on it, hair from his tail, his wooden name plate from his stall and photos.  I want to pull some of his ribbons too.  He won a lot of tricolors so I have to decide which ones to include and which photos.

Here are some photos of shadow boxes that I have seen online...I think the first one is my favorite as it includes much of which I want to include - photo, ribbons, halter, tail. 








1 comment:

  1. I know this hurt will be raw for a while. I can't think of my champion driving pony I lost 20 years ago without bursting in to tears. Have you ever thought about making a photo book (Shutterfly, etc.)? I find them so comforting because you can include the fun everyday photos that showcase their personality, but that you wouldn't be blowing up and hanging on the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...