Friday, July 30, 2021

Is It Fall Yet?

 Honestly?

This is has been the hottest summer that I can remember and unfortunately, this is likely the new normal.  Summer is my favorite season but getting up at 5:30 am to do my farm chores (when it used to be pleasant and cool) now requires a thin summer t-shirt and shorts so I don't sweat.  I have not been able to take my morning rides as my ring is like a brick even at 6:30 am.  There is no moisture in the air anymore, no dew in the grass, and everything is brown.  My once soft ring is now soft only if it rains.  And what is that?  I realize that many are sitting in their air conditioned homes turned down to 60 degrees and don't notice any of this, but please notice.  Our world has changed.

So I cannot wait now for it to get cool enough to wear fall clothes. Maybe by November?  But I can dream about it.  And I don't think we will be back to a normal life again in the fall either so not sure where to wear these but it is fun to look isn't it?  And think about our pre-pandemic and pre-climate change lives.....

Big fan of Everlane pants (great quality and they actually fit me).  Love these navy cords for fall with just enough of the wide leg:


Also like these pull-on chino pants from J Crew, a bit wider leg though, so you may need to be tall to pull this look off:


 

Love this dress that you could wear now but into the early fall (into October, LOL):


 Saw this jacket in the catalogue and love this.....

If you need a good basic dress for the fall this one is pretty darn close to perfect:

If you don't have a pair of these for fall/winter treat yourself:

Clogs are definitely back for fall.


TGIF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...