Saturday, June 9, 2012

Barn Love


I've been in love with old barns as long as I can remember.  Not sure why.  Perhaps it's because I grew up in an old house in a old neighbor, rode shaggy ponies out of a run-down farm when I was eight.  Now it doesn't really matter.  Is it a coincidence that I now live in a 19th century farmhouse with a hundred-year-old barn?  Probably not.


There is something nostalgic about old wood, creaking beams, cold coming through the corners in winter.  


Unlike a falling down house, doesn't this barn look great?


What is more spectacular though is taking the time, money and energy to save an old barn.  You can't build one of these today!


What a lovely site for the holidays!


And there are newer barns made to look old. Not the same in my book.  But I do like it!

And then there are the OLD barns in the old country.  We can't compete with the 16th and 17th century ones across the pond.




If you are fortunate enough to own any barn, savor it, love it, take care of it.  Preserve it for another generation of horses, barn cats, swallows and little girls with pigtails on ponies!  Have a wonderful weekend!  See you next week!
(all photos are from the Horse Country Chic Pin Interest page)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...