Saturday, June 23, 2012

Recycle Those Ribbons!

For those who have riding for a long time and have collected quite a number of ribbons, what do you do with them?  I purged many of mine a few years ago and left the tricolors and the more important ones hanging in my tack room.  But there are so many creative people out there who have come up with some interesting ideas on this topic.

One place to go is Keepsake Ribbon Quilts. 

She made the quilts immediately below. For more photos go to http://www.keepsakeribbonquilts.com.







I love this idea (not sure where it came from, on Pininterest).


This person really put a lot of ribbons to use.  

Would have never thought of this but it works!



Would make a great gift for someone who has a lot of ribbons to spare!



Another site to peruse is http://www.distinctivedesignsbydiana.com/horseshowribbonq.html.  She is very creative and has created some beautiful things!

This is from an exhibit at the US Hunter-Jumper Association headquarters in Lexington, KY.I like the ribbons placed in a nice shadow box.



Love what they did with this. So Ralph Lauren!


Christmas?



This is probably my favorite!


Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous quilts! A lot of my friends had quilts made from their children's favorite t-shirts, etc…over the years for a graduation gift recently…I sure wish I'd thought of that! This is such a special keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that quilt is gorgeous! My mother made me a ribbon pillow a while back, I might have to beg her to make me a matching quilt as well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a quilt but it is folded up and sits on the bottom of the blanket box...perhaps I should get it out now that I no longer participate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...