Sunday, January 26, 2020

Made in the Shade - Refurbish Your Lamps

Yesterday was a girls' day out over the mountain, with my good friend Molly. We visited the regular haunts - Caspari, Ivy Nursery, the needlepoint store and hit some good sales along the way......

One of my favorite spots is the lampshade store where I took a lamp that needed some sort of refresh.  I liked the shade but it was plain and could not decide whether to replace the shade or not.  It's amazing how you can "redo" even a plain lamp with a great shade.  I decided that the round shades were just either too big or two small for the lamp. 


These shades are expensive and I did not like the look of a larger round shade on this floor lamp and the shade I had was not old and was in good condition. So instead I opted for a new fun finial.


And voila.....


Here are a few of my other lamp projects.....

This lamp is a cheap $30 lamp from Target, bought years ago. It came with a cheap black shade.  I added the new shade and the finial and this is now one of my favorite lamps.


This is a 30+ year-old lamp that sat in my tack room for years with a cheap Target shade.  I dusted it off, took it to the lamp store and it now sits in my master bath.

This is a Wildwood lamp that I bought about 10 years ago. It came with a contemporary drum shade that was very large, too large for this spot but I liked the lamp. So I added this shade and it's in my master bedroom.

I have a pair of these lamps. They are very old but I like the scale of them.  When I moved to the farm I took them to the lamp store and found the perfect shades for them - these shades were made for these lamps. The photo distorts them a bit but the look is perfect.

Here are some photos from the lamp store's website. If you need a lamp refresh throw them in the car and make the trek. The shades are expensive but you can take a very good quality older lamp and make it new again. And they also have a nice collection of Spitzmiller lamps (one day). 





I love making something old brand new again!  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...