Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Best Pants of 2019

In 2019 I ventured out and discovered a few new pant styles that I thought were worth sharing.  Finding good pants that fit are always a struggle.  I also wanted to try the wide-leg pant look without venturing out to the really wide leg which works well if you are tall. 

High Rise Peyton Pant in Four-Way Stretch
These were purchased on sale (40 percent off) which made them quite affordable.  I tried the blue ones and liked them so much I ordered the black ones.  I like the wider leg as long as it's not too wide and these hide a lot.  The fabric is thick with a stretch to it.  You can wear these now into spring but not in summer.  They stretch so make sure you factor that into the fit equation.  I am hoping they come out with more colors in the spring.  They hit at the ankle on me but I am short.  You can order the tall ones if you want them longer.



Slim Emmett Wide Leg Corduroy Pants
These were the most surprising find for me.  I bought these at Madewell and took them on my European trip and received numerous complements every time I wore them.  And these are by far the most comfortable pants I own.  I bought these in the rust color and wear them with a black wool turtleneck and Gucci loafers.  I sized down one size.  I will most definitely buy these in other fabrics in the spring.  These look better in real life than on the model and mine hit at the ankle.  Can't say enough about these wonderful pants.  They come in other fabrics too on the web site.

(Madewell Pants)

And I am loving these for spring and summer, the same style but updated for the warmer weather:


Everlane Side-Zip Work Pant
I ordered two pairs of these for my trip and kept them both. To be safe I ordered two sizes, one is a bit looser than the other but they work great.  My favorite pair is the cocoa brown houndstooth (I don't think they look very good on the model) and I also ordered the cocoa brown color.  They go with everything and I wore them multiple times.  These are very flattering if you like straight pants.  These hit below the ankle and you can easily wear them with boots. These are not wool and won't be really warm but you can wear them in cold weather as they are thick enough.  I will definitely order these again in other colors and you can't beat the price.


Here are some additional pant selections that you may want to consider.  I often buy pants off-season, on sale as I tend to keep my pants for a long time.....

High Rise Satin Cigarette Pants
I have an older version of these in an incredible green silk shantung that I have worn on New Years with a black turtleneck. These are so classic, you can wear these for years to come. I like the black ones and would love to have a pair in navy blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...