Wednesday, September 2, 2020

The Search for the Perfect Farm Shoe

Finding a durable, comfortable shoe to wear around the farm is almost impossible.  You'd think it would be easy but trust me, not so.  My requirements are comfort, durable (last more than a year), easy to get on and off, somewhat waterproof (has to be able to get wet) and then the shoe has to fit my foot (very narrow heels with a large bunion on my right foot).  Looking for something that can go year-round.  I have boots for rain storms and snow storms but these need to be used walking across a damp pasture in the mornings for example.

I bought a pair of black zip up Grand Prix paddock boots last spring.  They are "comfort" shoes - not pretty but they do the trick.  However, since they have gotten wet, the have shrunk and so now the right foot is very tight and rubs blisters.  So I am on the hunt for an all-around farm shoe, again, preferably in brown.

These Ariat boots have received good reviews but generally run too wide for me.  But I may try these and hope!


These Merrill shoes may do the trick but unless there is some elastic near the heel, then the heels tend to be too wide.  See these here.

Another shoe from Ariat that looks interesting.  See them here.

Another model from Ariat, looks good too.  See them here.

I love these boots and have tried them on but they are too wide for my narrow feet. Wish they fit!  See them here.

I've had my eye on these boots as well also from Ariat.


2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Blundstones? They are fabulous! I’ve had them for 2 years. I do barn chores in them, walk through mud and snow, and even ride in them sometimes! Best of all, my feet don’t hurt at the end of the day. They are expensive but 100% worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried those. Far too wide for my narrow feet. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...