Sunday, February 21, 2021

Readying for Spring

Usually by early March I am readying the farm for spring.  It's a ritual of sorts, pulling out the spring clothes, the patio furniture, shopping for new spring clothes, a trip to the Caspari store to refresh the napkin hoard.  All the bunnies come out.....

With the cold, the snow, the mud, and Covid it's like I am ready to turn the switch.  But traveling right now is not in the cards. We have an incredibly high positivity rate in my county (over 20 percent) and 600 new cases were reported in Charlottesville alone (the new variant hit Charlottesville and it's here) so going to my favorite haunts is out of the question.  So we'll have to do the abreviated version this year. So I am ordering from Caspari this year.  I have this huge cocktail napkin stash and I add to it when I go to Caspari. With the change in seasons comes a change in napkins.  The bunnies are coming from Caspari.



I pull out my bunny collection, curated over the years.  It is getting harder to find the bunny stuff these days. I add my door hanger, my needlepoint bunnies, my bunny plates, and knick knacks.  They stay out until the next season hits - Derby Season.




And it's always fun to find new spring clothing so that once the weather breaks out come the pastel colors.  To be honest, I have not bought clothing for spring other than a few items from Nike.  Last year I shopped when the prices hit rock bottom and I have not worn any of those clothes.  And I made a haul at the Lilly After Party Sale in late summer - so I have new Lilly waiting to be worn.  But if I was going to shop, here are a few items I'd buy....

I love Liberty and the colors of this blouse are perect to pair with white jeans, a pink cashmere sweater.

And I almost pulled the trigger on these Nike shoes in this fun color for spring (and still might).  These are so cute and it's all about comfort now, right?

And I also like these wide leg pull on sweats from Everlane in the light gray color.  Perfect to wear into the warmer months and will look great with the Nikes.

These chino pants from Everlane are greatly reduced and the reviews are fabulous. This will be my new "go to" pant until the shorts come out....


And I did order these two items from Nike but they have not arrived yet.  My new spring wardrobe:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...