Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year Resolutions

My goals for this new year surprisingly are similar to those for 2013.  But 2013 was an "off" year as I got side-tracked and spent six months in "injury time out."  Let's hope for no major set-backs this year.  If you write down and regularly re-read your goals you have a much better chance of meeting them! 

My top goals for 2014:

1)  Much More Fitness
Fitness is part of my lifestyle and I spent six months in 2013 living like a "couch potato" because of my injury.  I am running again, taking long walks, will be riding regularly soon and am signing up for an 8-week fitness program in conjunction with my physical therapy for my wrist. I'll be doing yoga, running 3-4 times a week, lifting light weights and swimming.  Cannot wait to get started.




2) Riding Again
Not being able to ride for six months was a big setback in 2013. My riding goals may not be as lofty as before, but I want to get Alfie going again and start showing by March or April.  I'd like to be able to pick up where we left off in June 2013.





3) Writing Again
Writing is a secret passion and I'd like to write a second book.  It's on my bucket list and one of my goals is to start the motor running again and see what happens.



4. Eating More Healthy, All the Time
I don't have great eating habits.  As a "grazer" I eat all day long, nibbling, which is great for the waistline, but I plan to adopt eating healthier and eating less processed foods, maybe a little less wine too!



5.  Better Skincare
Many years ago I was an Erno Lazlo fan.  I quit using these products (they are not inexpensive) but decided to go back to "the ritual."  As you age it's important to take care of your skin and when you are outside as much as I am, it is even more important. 



6.  Entertain More Often
I love to cook and did not have the opportunity to do much cooking or entertaining due to my injury.  In 2014 I'll make up for lost time.




7.  Enjoy Being
Life is so short and it goes by so fast that we forget to live in the moment.  I want to learn to savor every day and every hour.


8.  Clean, clean, clean
Housekeeping is my Achilles heel.  I just don't enjoy it.  It's one of those necessary evils that we must learn to accept.  Somehow I want to learn to enjoy it more.  Suggestions anyone?  See "Zen" above!





9.  Be More Thrifty
This seems to be on my list every year!




10.  Live By These Words:


 

 
 
Happy New Year to Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I agree, these are great. Now I don't even have to "think" about mine! Thanks for the inspiration. I am heading out to hack now....in the snow....no time like January 2nd :)
    Pearce.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...