Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A Summer Like No Other

It's still difficult to wrap my head around how our world around us is falling apart - between the virus, the police brutality, the lock downs, the economic calamity that so many are experiencing due to job losses.  It's surreal.  It's really not safe to carry on like life is normal, even in areas, not yet ravaged by the virus.  The death rate is slowly inching up as the community spread moves further into areas previously not hit by the virus.  This is not going to end well, at least here in the US.  And so many just pretend that there is nothing going on...... I don't see how schools will be able to safely reopen. If they do, expect many teachers and professors to either revolt or resign. 

It's been a summer like no other in so many ways.  Trips have been cancelled.  Community centers and pools are closed.  I rarely leave my farm now and have resorted to ordering from Target weekly for incidentals (even cat food for Truman) and do my grocery shopping online for pick-up.  The UPS man and I are on a first name basis.  And needlepoint and Netflix have been a blessing - you don't need a therapist if you have these. Writing this blog has also been like therapy, an escape and I sincerely appreciate all of the kinds words from my readers this summer.  So I can pretend life is somewhat normal when I am blogging........

Summer is my favorite time of year and I love finding great summer clothes that are unique and different like these mules/espadrilles.  While there's no where to go, there's no harm in looking good while you're dining on your patio.





(Espadrilles)

Loving Sarah Bray's Bermuda style - her hats are to die for, as are her newer caftans.  These are made with vintage fabric and are so lovely. 

 (Caftan)

Love this one too.  It's perfect for patio wear.

 (Caftan)

These flats will go with everything in your closet this summer:



I love to find ways to spruce up my outdoor spaces which are used excessively in spring, summer and fall at the farm. Love this ceramic stool (which goes perfectly with my decor on my upper deck and patio).  Use it as a stool or as a side table. It also comes in black.


And I love these adorable plates, perfect to pair with white dinner plates and fun napkins for a great summer table setting.


And are these juice glasses not beautiful?


And aren't these hurricane lanterns fun?  

And I love this cute Marimekko dress!  How summer is this?  See it here.


This maxi dress may need to come and live with me.  So cute!  See it here.


And you can always treat yourself to a bath soak at the end of the day!  Nothing is more soothing than a bath, a candle and book.......

Find some enjoyment in summer if you can.  Stay safe. Stay at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...