Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ode to Diana

On the eve of the "big wedding" wanted to deliver an "ode to Diana" who surely must be watching the spectacle that became her some 30 years ago. I remember getting up in the wee hours of the morning to watch her step from the carriage in that huge dress that was "so Diana." 

It is hard to believe that it has been 30 years since then, I remember it so well.  Diana was not a country girl, but she adapted to that life early on, to please Charles I am sure.   The world will be watching tomorrow morning and my alarm clock is set like the rest of the world.

My how time flies.....................

1 comment:

  1. Actually, she was a 'country' girl. Her childhood home 'Sandringham' was a few miles from where I lived in England and it's very much a country estate. She just didn't care for 'Balmoral' much and didn't care to spend time there because she found the Royals as a whole very boring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...