Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beauty Bar

Spring is on its way and sometimes that necessitates new make-up, kind of like a revival of sorts.  If you are like me, old habits die hard and I stick to a few old friends that have been around for a long time.  What are your favorites?  What seems to work best for you?  And are you planning to spring clean your make-up drawer?

Here's what I like:

Erno Lazlo has served many icons:  Marilyn, Jackie, Audrey, to name a few. I love their products but don't use the entire line.  It is expensive but it is great stuff.   I love this for a light foundation.  You hardly know that you have it on.  

 The Sea Mud Soap is a classic. Yes, it's black but it is the real thing!

Nars is probably my favorite make-up brand overall but again, I only use some of their products.  Their lipsticks and lip gloss are great.


Their eye pencils are just the very best.

But the only mascara I use is Dior. Call me a snob, whatever, but nothing else will do.


 More Nars for the eyes, love the colors, but I don't wear any of these.  But they are gorgeous in their box don't you think?



For blush, I am not that particular.  I like Nars, Estee Lauder and also Cargo which I buy at Sephora.  It takes me about two years to go through blush so I don't need to buy it very often. In summer, I go natural.

Are you a bath or shower person?  For me, bath, always, in my large, oversize tub.  Kniepps Spruce and Pine is wonderful, especially on a cold day after a good workout or run.  Nothing beats it!


I like Burt's Bees too and I usually buy it at Wal-Mart:



There's something exciting about finding a new color, a new brand, getting the last bottle of a color you love that is being discontinued... Part of being a girl I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...