Sunday, March 22, 2020

Early Spring Shopping


In my household spending has been shut down except for the essential items as no one knows where this pandemic will leave us all economically.  So there's no spending, just like when I was a young teenager, loving clothes, and wanting to have the latest and greatest. The irony is that there are some great looking clothes right now, many things I would to own but certainly won't this season or next.  And I had purchased several dresses for the spring race meets and a class reunion.  Most went back. I kept two dresses (both greatly reduced) and hope that I may wear one of them to the Breeders' Cup in November (hoping it still goes on). I also bought a pair of white jeans from J Crew (I live in white jeans) as I know at some point I will wear these a lot.

These jeans are great.  They remind me of the slim wide leg corduroy pants that I bought last year from Madewell.  They have a little bit of a wide leg but not too wide. Highly recommend if you need a pair of white jeans.  


I also bought this Adam Lippes dress and was going to send it back but hubby said to keep it. It's stunning in real life and greatly reduced. I love shopping at Net-a-Porter, mostly when they have great sales.  They offer free shipping, returns and great service.  They still have some great sales going on right now too.  This dress will be good for the fall as I can pair it with dark shoes and a pashmina.  It does not need much jewelry, maybe some big earrings.  If I don't get to the Breeders Cup then maybe this can go to Keeneland next year? Let's hope so anyway.


I also picked up the black, orange and purple Derek Lam 10 Crosby dress on sale, also greatly reduced. I was going to wear this to my class reunion in late April. It is really a nice dress and has much detail that you can't see in these pictures.  It is too long, but otherwise fits like a glove.  Would pair it with my orange Hermes handbag and my Target mules.  Yes you can pair Hermes with Target! 

You can see what the fabric looks like hi in this photo.  It's black not navy.  I like buying nice designer clothing when it hits the 70 percent off mark.

Hoping that everyone is surviving the new normal, at least for now.  PLEASE stay home.  If you want to know what our world is going to look like in a few weeks just look to Italy.  The news of people partying like it's 1999 is just stupid.  What happens if our entire economy collapses?  Those 20 year olds won't be partying then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...