Friday, March 13, 2020

Keeneland Outfit

I was disappointed but certainly not surprised to learn that spectators will not be allowed to watch the races at Keeneland at least until mid-April. We have tickets for the Blue Grass Stakes and were taking another couple with us this year.  Oh well, maybe next year.  The weather in early April can be anything, hot/cold/rain/snow, but I had planned to wear this outfit.  It is usually cooler than warmer so with a dress I wear tights.  This year I was going to wear this J McLaughlin coat that I bought on sale with navy J Crew pants.  I paired this with a very old J Crew cashmere t-shirt but could wear a white t-shirt if it was warm.  The hat was purchased on Etsy for the Preakness and it may not see a racetrack this year.  Comfort is key as we walk a lot so the mules are always a good choice.  At least I would have looked the part if I was there. And I can always dress for the race when I watch it on television in early April.  LOL.

Everyone please stay safe.  Do not go places where there are lots of people.  Since we are not testing there have to be many people who are walking around not knowing they have the virus.  It is really a scary time.  No one is immune.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...