Friday, April 17, 2020

Horse-Related Books Recommendations

If you have a lot of time on your hands right now it's a great excuse to read.  My stack beside my bed grows monthly (I'm reading Madame Bovary right now and it's quite good).  Here are some horsey suggestions in case you need some inspiration.

This is one of my favorite horse books. It is out of print but you can find it online.  I have read it twice and most certainly will read it again.  Here is a review.  You can buy it here for less than $10.


You can see what books author Jane Smiley has picked out here. She is an avid horse lover and rider.  See what AbeBooks recommends here.

Some additional recommendations from my own personal library:

This is one of my favorite horse books written by the breeder of Monarchos, the winner of the Kentucky Derby (who had the fastest time ever other than Secretariat and Sham).  The breeder knew nothing about horses, bought a farm in KY and set out to breed. Look what happened. The book is well-written and fun.  You don't have to follow racing to enjoy it. You can buy it on AbeBooks here 
.

 



This is another good read about horse racing the tragic fall of Calumet Farm.  See it here.


This is a good read written by the late Joe Drape.  Well-written. See it here.

TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...