Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thursday Musings

Thank goodness it's Thursday.  TGIT.  We dodged a bullet early in the week - those terrible storms missed us but we had storm fatigue already from the three storms the week before.  It's been chilly (frost) here with lots of wind.  Ready for some warmer weather.  And did I mention the grass?  It is growing and the horses are on founder watch (at least two of them anyway).  I digress.....

It's important to take good care of yourself in times of stress and pandemics rank way up there in that regard. I am a bath person and love to take long soaks in the tub.  Treat yourself if you can to some soothing bath products.  I've blogged about Malin & Goetz before. They are a favorite brand discovered years ago when they first appeared in New York.

I used their hand and body wash this morning:

And try this Peppermint Body Scrub:

 

I also love their Grapefruit Face Cleanser:


Another brand I love is Kneipps.  Their bath salts are my favorite but their oils are good too.  I love to use their Eucalyptus Bath Salts after a hard workout.  Wonderful stuff. And they have many different solutions to choose from.  And it's not a bank breaker either.  Try them!



Love, love, love this Boston Back Bay project which can be seen on Elements of Style.  I could move right in and don't you adore these chairs? Love the high ceilings too.  I would have done this in green not blue. You don't need a big place and this one is just right.

If you are into horse racing then you might enjoy this live podcast at 6 pm EDT today. Last week we heard from super jockey Mike Smith.  This week they'll bring in super trainer Chad Brown.  You can join the Breeders' Cup team live today on Facebook. The live broadcast will begin promptly at 6 pm.


I snagged a great deal on a needlepoint rug canvas this week on Ebay.  They are out there! This one is still available and it's so rewarding to stitch one of these.  I made my seller an offer and she accepted it.  You never know.  See this one here.  There are some great needlepoint deals on Ebay too!




Please stay safe.  Stay in.  Take good care of yourself. Send a loved one who is shut in a care package of books, magazines, hand lotions, bath salts, anything they find comforting in this time of great stress and anxiety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...