Saturday, May 30, 2020

Finished Needlepoint Projects - Part Three

More needlepoint and more to come....

I have a collection of door hangers that I put on my powder room door.  I'd love to have one for every season, every holiday, but I am not nearly there yet. You can use canvases that perhaps you had not considered for a door hanger.  You can be creative with needlepoint. Modify one to make it work.  This is my favorite, the first one I finished, from Birds of a Feather and it is hanging now.

This is another one from Birds of a Feather that I stitched for my sister. Her birthday is around Thanksgiving so it was certainly appropriate and I love it. This is also from Birds of a Feather and they have one for each season.  This is a fun one to stitch too.  Lots of color, on 14 canvas and it did not take long to stitch.

This is an ornament from Painted Pony, old enough that you may not be able to get it now.  But the background is in mint green. 


This is from hubby's needlepoint belt collection.  These are old, I'd do them a bit wider now.  The fox one and the airplane one have his initials. 

This is a pair of rabbits that I stitched a few years ago.  I left them out since Easter.  

This last one is not finished yet but it may be a while before this one gets finished.  It will eventually be made into a very small handbag.  The handle will be leather, from an old bridle noseband most likely and will line it in striped or plaid silk (browns and greens).  See the finished one at the end for an idea of what it will look like.   I struggled with this one, not having too much glitter and took out a lot before it was finally finished. This was purchased from Stitch in Middleburg, VA and I have never seen it since.  Do not know who made this one.  If you are interested contact Stitch.


The fox head will be on the top.



 When I finally get mine finished I will show you the finished product. Definitely needs a tassel too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...