Wednesday, May 27, 2020

There's Nowhere Like Home

With the summer now officially here we all know that this will a summer like no other as we hunker down, stay at home and try to enjoy the little things in life that we perhaps have somehow overlooked in our live for the moment lives. It's taken some adjustment for sure but there's a silver lining in there somewhere.

Learning to play backgammon again.  I bought a backgammon board and am starting to play again after all these years.... and now there's a reason to add a needlepoint one to my stash.



Setting up a cozy reading and stitching nook on my upstairs covered porch.  Stay tuned.



Dressing for comfort and style. I've bought a few summer pieces recently, all fitting my pandemic dress code:






Trying to stitch more when I can this time of year.  I am currently working on these (have a pair) which will go on my newly decorated upstairs porch when my new chair arrives.



Learning to live with more down time.   We are not television watchers (it's been years since I watched a current sitcom) but we love Netflix and are currently watching this series which has subtitles but it is so good.....set in Madrid in the 1950's Velvet is a fashion-based department store - read Downton Abbey meets Spanish department story family. 

And I'll leave you with two quotes to ponder today.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...