Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday Musings


I rarely leave the farm now but took the afternoon off and went into town Friday.  No one was wearing a mask except. We went to the Verizon store, a grocery store, to the garden store and the local Wal-Mart was packed so we stayed away.  People seemed to be social distancing but still don't understand the "I'll never wear a mask" mentality.  We drove through our cute town, the stores seemed to be open but empty and some people were walking around. Perhaps this is the new normal here until a vaccine can be developed.  Tourism drives my area in the summer.  Who wants to be a tourist right now?   Tiny towns all over America are suffering and I am not sure how the merchants are going to survive this. Hoping we don't become a nation of large box stores with all of our shopping done online, to be delivered by drones...

There's a good race today, another Derby prep race (the 1 1/16 mile Matt Winn Stakes), at Churchill Downs, televised (what other sport is there to watch other than Nascar?).  Post time is 5:44 pm EDT.  The center of the universe in the horse racing world today is Maxfield, a very promising colt who is undefeated, but has not raced since last year due to injury. If he runs at three as well as he did at two, then he'll be a major threat to Baffert's trio and my favorite, Tiz the Law.   I can't wait to see him go today.



 Drooling over this dress:



Or this one:


Did you know you can buy Peter Thomas Roth skincare products at Wal-Mart for less?  This eye cream retails for $65 but is $40 at Wal-Mart.  Who knew?  See the product line here


I am a book person and love to add old books to my library - needlepoint, horses and old glass are my favorite topics.  It's a fun hobby and I also haunt used book stores. I have a few CW Anderson books in my collection.  Love this one!


Another one of these:


And needlepoint books.  See these here.

And I'll leave you to ponder this, for all who were not raised in the South:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...