Sunday, May 10, 2020

The Pandemic Dress

Yesterday was my first difficult pandemic day.  I've been very lucky - still have my job, no one I know is sick or has died and my animals are with me on the farm every day.  Life has not changed here for us dramatically like it has for so many people. But I do fear that our country is headed for a complete and total train wreck. There are so many things out of our control at the moment and nature does what nature wants to do.........I believe we are in for some rough times ahead in the US.

But I also think we need to quit slumming it every day, in our dress. Put on make-up, make the hair look good, and dress.  So I am proposing that we put on a "Pandemic Dress".  So what's a Pandemic Dress?  A Pandemic Dress is a nice looking, fun, comfortable, spring and summer dress. Not fancy, but something you can throw on every day. Maybe you need more than one? Wear it for cocktails on your patio or for a virtual cocktail party.  Wear it to dinner in your dining room.  Wear it to take a walk around the neighbor or to the grocery store.  Get out of those sweats, put some cute sandals on and a cute dress.......

Here are my Pandemic Dress picks just in time for Mother's Day.  And happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.

Love this dress from Jude Connally. See it here.


I love these dresses from Oliphant.  They are quite comfortable.  See the selection here.

























Love this print dress from Zara which won't break the budget.  See it here.


This dress is a bargain, for $50 at Uniglow, a collaboration with Anna Sui.  It comes in three colors, blue, purple and black.


I have always loved SZ Blockprints and loved the collaboration they once had with J Crew.  Their dresses come only in S, M and L and can be a bit boxy but cuteness abounds. Dresses are 20 percent off through today.  See them here.


Love this longer dress from Juliet Dunn. See it here.

This adorable dress is sold out in most sizes but I understand why. It comes also in red.  See it here.

We are trying to be thrifty right now so you can splurge on this one from H & M.  It comes in two colors.

This cute dress also from H & M comes in two colors. See it here.

Another one that your Visa will love. See it here.

And I am a sucker for a Liberty print dress. Love this one from J Crew.  See it here.

And I have had my eye on this one for a while. It comes also in blue and it's 50 percent off right now. See it here.

Love these from Topshop and they won't break the budget:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...